- 4.9.1 Creating Searchable PDF's
- OSCAR stores most incoming documents as PDF's. These are usually generated by scanning or faxing software (see Hylafax) and are plain pdf's that you cannot search. The ability to select text can be added to a pdf with the appropriate use of open source OCR software.
- 4.9.2 OSCAR Kiosk
- This project is a standalone Web Appliance for OSCAR. This example will illustrate how to build a kiosk for health card scanner for patient to check in automatically. This facility is designed for Ontario OHIP cards, BC MSP cards and McMaster Student ID, although it is easily extended to read any magnetic stripe card.
- 4.9.3 Signature Pad
- Instructions on setup of Topaz(TM) digitizer to capture signatures for Oscar and tweaks
- Selecting Text in a Searchable PDF
- 4.9.4 Importing Labs
- Labwork can be pushed into OSCAR with the HL7 transport utility from a Windows workstation. Use similar instructions to install on a Linux machine.